John Warwick Montgomery Theology Bundle (7 Volumes)
Requires Accordance 10.4 or above.
John Warwick Montgomery is a noted lawyer, professor, Lutheran theologian, and prolific author. His legal speciality is the international and comparative law of human rights and he regularly pleads religious freedom cases before the European Court of Human Rights. He is considered by many to be the foremost living apologist for biblical Christianity.
Montgomery, a philosophy major disinterested in religion, found himself forced to consider seriously the claims of Jesus Christ in the New Testament in order to preserve big intellectual integrity. After no mean struggle he acknowledged his rebellion against God and asked His forgiveness. Dr. Montgomery is the author of over one hundred scholarly journal articles and more than fifty books.
This bundle consists of the following seven (7) Theology volumes:
- Crisis in Lutheran Theology (3 Volumes): Though obviously addressing themselves primarily to Lutheranism, the materials are, to a large degree, equally applicable to many of the other Christian communions and will be found to be extremely valuable in assessing the needs of a variety of denominations.
- In Defense of Martin Luther: A fascinating collection of essays in which Montgomery shows how the Reformation led to a renaissance of learning and provided the foundation for modern science. Montgomery also directly takes on the challenge of secularists and others who allege that Luther’s theology is logically consistent with Nazism.
- The Suicide of Christian Theology: An incisive, witty, and true-to-the-mark reflection on the present state of Christian theology. A forceful, scholarly call to return to the solid ground of the ancient creeds of Christianity.
- The Theologian’s Craft: A discussion of theory formation and theory testing in theology. An invitational paper presented Aug. 24, 1965, at the 20th annual convention of the American Scientific Affiliation, convened at King’s College, Briarcliff Manor, New York.
- The Writing of Research Papers in Theology: An introductory lecture with a list of 150 basic reference tools for the graduate theological student.
You may be interested in these other John Warwick Montgomery products:
- Full 33-volume John Warwick Montgomery Collection
- Philosophy & Ethics Bundle (8 Volumes)
- Apologetics Bundle (9 Volumes)
- Teaching & Writings Bundle (9 Volumes)
- Series Name: John Warwick Montgomery (JWM) Writings
- Authors: John Warwick Montgomery
- Publisher: New Reformation Publications
- Categories: Add-on Bundles, Writings
- Min Acc Version: 10.4
The following modules and groups are included when you purchase this package.
|Writings||JWM-Crisis||Crisis in Lutheran Theology (3 Volumes)||0|
|Writings||JWM-Defense of Luther||In Defense of Martin Luther||0|
|Writings||JWM-Research Papers||Writing of Research Papers in Theology, The (2nd Revised Edition)||0|
|Writings||JWM-Suicide||Suicide of Christian Theology, The||0|
|Writings||JWM-Theologian||Theologian’s Craft, The||0|
Where to Find
John Warwick Montgomery Theology Bundle (7 Volumes) is included with the following packages
|Primary Collections||Coll12-EngMaster0319||English Master Collection (Accordance 12) (February 2019)||34399|
|Primary Collections||Coll12-EngMaster0519||English Master Collection (Accordance 12) (May 2019)||35549|
|English add-on bundles||JWM Collection_33||John Warwick Montgomery Collection Bundle (33 Volumes)||139|
There are no reviews yet.