John Warwick Montgomery Teaching & Writings Bundle (9 Volumes)
Requires Accordance 10.4 or above.
John Warwick Montgomery is a noted lawyer, professor, Lutheran theologian, and prolific author. His legal speciality is the international and comparative law of human rights and he regularly pleads religious freedom cases before the European Court of Human Rights. He is considered by many to be the foremost living apologist for biblical Christianity.
Montgomery, a philosophy major disinterested in religion, found himself forced to consider seriously the claims of Jesus Christ in the New Testament in order to preserve big intellectual integrity. After no mean struggle he acknowledged his rebellion against God and asked His forgiveness. Dr. Montgomery is the author of over one hundred scholarly journal articles and more than fifty books.
This bundle consists of the following nine (9) Teaching and Writings volumes:
- Cross, Constellation, and Crucible: Lutheran Astrology and Alchemy in the Age of the Reformation: Originally published in Transactions of the Royalty Society of Canada; Fourth Series, Volume 1, 1963.
- Myth, Allegory, and Gospel: If you are a “fan” of the fantasy books by Tolkien, C. S. Lewis, Charles Williams, or Chesterton, then this is a book worth reading. It is a collection of essays by various authorities in literature, myth, and theology. A couple of the contributors were acquainted with either Tolkien or Lewis.
- History, Law, and Christianity: A stirring defense of the faith by one of Christianity’s ablest defenders, this is a re-issue of the classic “History and Christianity” expanded to include Dr. Montgomery’s essay “Christianity Juridically Defended”.
- The Law above the Law: Montgomery insists that modern men must begin once again to judge their behavior on the basis of God’s revelation of right and wrong. In this little book he argues his case briefly but brilliantly, and conveys a sense of certainty which is both challenging and refreshing.
- Law and Gospel: Law and Gospel is a monograph integrating the study of law with the study of Christian theology. Starting with an examination of the three classical functions of the law (political, pedagogical, and didactic), and the distinctions between law and gospel; the study moves on to examine contracts, criminal law, real and personal property, laws of evidence, and civil and constitutional law.
- Where Christ Is Present: This book will propose the kind of Christianity that is best suited for our day. The remedies offered here are available by way of the same theology that was the catalyst for reforming the church five hundred years ago.
- Where Is History Going?: Dr. Montgomery thoroughly documents his conclusions on the basis of a wide range of authorities, and concludes that the only valid approach to history is from the Christian perspective – the authority of God, His Son, and His Word.
- Principalities and Powers: A fascinating look at the paranormal, the supernatural, and the hidden things, including prophecy, divination, poltergeist, cabala, extra-sensory perception, fairies, ghosts, astrology, and other bizarre phenomena.
- Demon Possession: An unusual collection of experiences, case histories, studies, and conclusions from a wide range of professional people, including doctors, psychiatrists, scientists, historians, theologians, and college professors.
You may be interested in these other John Warwick Montgomery products:
The following modules and groups are included when you purchase this package.
|Writings||JWM-Christ Present||Where Christ Is Present||0|
|Writings||JWM-History & Law||History, Law, and Christianity||0|
|Writings||JWM-History Going||Where Is History Going?||0|
|Writings||JWM-Law & Gospel||Law and Gospel||0|
|Writings||JWM-Law Above||Law above the Law, The||0|
|Writings||JWM-Lutheran||Cross, Constellation, and Crucible||0|
|Writings||JWM-Myth||Myth, Allegory, and Gospel||0|
|Writings||JWM-Principalities||Principalities and Powers||0|
Where to Find
John Warwick Montgomery Teaching & Writings Bundle (9 Volumes) is included with the following packages
|Primary Collections||Coll12-EngMaster0319||English Master Collection (Accordance 12) (February 2019)||34399|
|Primary Collections||Coll12-EngMaster0519||English Master Collection (Accordance 12) (May 2019)||35549|
|English add-on bundles||JWM Collection_33||John Warwick Montgomery Collection Bundle (33 Volumes)||139|
There are no reviews yet.