Fortress Commentary on the Bible
For even more information, check out this release announcement.
Requires Accordance 10.4 or above.
The Fortress Commentary on the Bible: The Old Testament and Apocrypha and Fortress Commentary on the Bible: The New Testament present a balanced synthesis of current scholarship on the Bible, enabling readers to interpret scripture for a complex and pluralistic world. Introductory articles in each volume discuss the dramatic challenges that have shaped contemporary interpretation of the Bible.
Commentary articles set each book of the Old and New Testaments and the Apocrypha in its historical and cultural context, discuss the themes in each book that have proven most important for the Christian interpretive tradition, and introduce the most pressing questions facing the responsible use of the Bible today. The writers are renowned authorities in the historical interpretation of the Old and New Testaments, sensitive to theological and cultural issues arising in our encounter with the text, richly diverse in social locations and vantage points, representing a broad array of theological commitment—Protestants, Catholics, Jews, and others, and alive to the ethical consequences of interpretation today.
A team of six scholar editors and seventy contributors provides clear and concise commentary on key sense units in each book of the Old Testament, Apocrypha, and New Testament. Each unit is explored through the lenses of three levels of commentary based on these critical questions. The result is a commentary that is comprehensive and useful for gaining insights on the texts for preaching, teaching, and research. In addition to the commentary essays on each book, the volumes also contain major essays that introduce each section of Scripture and explore critical questions as well as up-to-date and comprehensive bibliographies for each book and essay.
Fortress Commentary on the Bible: The Old Testament and Apocrypha
Fortress Commentary on the Bible: The New Testament
• OT / Apocrypha Editors: Gale A. Yee, Hugh R. Page Jr., Matthew J. M. Coomber
• NT Editors: Margaret Aymer, Cynthia Briggs Kittredge, David A. Sanchez
• Publisher: Fortress Press (2014)
- Editors: Cynthia Briggs Kittredge, David A. Sanchez, Gale A. Yee, Hugh R. Page Jr., Margaret Aymer, Matthew J. M. Coomber
- Authors: Adele Reinhartz, Alejandro Botta, Alice A. Keefe, Alizza Jones Nelson, Amy Erickson, Anathea Portier-Young, Barbara R. Rossing, Briditte Kahl, Carole R. Fontaine, Chris Franke, Christopher Frechette, Corrine L. Carvalho, Cynthia Briggs Kittredge, Daniel L. Smith-Christopher, David A. deSilva, David A. Sánchez, David E. Fredrickson, David L. Bartlett, Deborah Krause, Edward Pillar, Emerson Powery, Eric D. Barreto, Gale A. Yee, Harold V. Bennett, Hugh R. Page Jr., Hugh S. Pyper, J. Blake Couey, Jaime Clark-Soles, Jennifer G. Bird, Jin Hee Han, Joseph F. Scrivner, Judy Fentress-Williams, Julia Lambert Fogg, Karina Martin Hogan, Karl N. Jacobson, Katherine E. Southwood, Kelly J. Murphy, Laura S. Nasrallah, Lawrence M. Wills, M. Daniel Carroll R., Margaret Aymer, Marvin A. Sweeney, Matthew J. M. Coomber, Micah D. Kiel, Mical Beth Dinkler, Michael S. Moore, Nyasha Junior, Patricia K. Tull, Pekka M. A. Pitkänen, Pheme Perkins, Raquel S. Lettsome, Richard J. Coggins, Robert Kugler, Robert L. Brawley, Robin Darling Young, Rodney S. Sadler Jr., Ronals A. Simkins, Samuel I. Thomas, Thomas B. Dozeman, Timothy Cargal, Victor H. Matthews, Vivian Johnson, W. Derek Suderman, Warren Carter, Wilhelm J. Wessels, Wilma Ann Bailey
- Publisher: Fortress Press
- Bible Book: 1Esdras, 1Maccabees, 2Esdras, 2Maccabees, 3Maccabees, 4Maccabees, Additions to Daniel, Additions to Esther, Apocrypha, Baruch, Bel, Judith, Letter of Jeremiah, New Testament, Old Testament, Prayer of Azariah, Prayer of Manasseh, Psalm 151, Sirach / Ecclesiasticus, Susanna, Tobit, Wisdom
- Level: Pastor, Popular, Student
- Tradition: Mainline Protestant
- Categories: Commentaries
- Min Acc Version: 10.4
Where to Find
Fortress Commentary on the Bible is included with the following packages
|Primary Collections||Coll12-EngMaster0117||English Master Collection (Accordance 12) (January 2017)||25799.00|
|Primary Collections||Coll12-EngMaster0417||English Master Collection (Accordance 12) (April 2017)||26799.00|
|Primary Collections||Coll12-EngMaster0717||English Master Collection (Accordance 12) (July 2017)||27999.00|
|Primary Collections||Coll12-EngMaster1017||English Master Collection (Accordance 12) (October 2017)||29999.00|
|Primary Collections||Coll12-EngMaster0218||English Master Collection (Accordance 12) (February 2018)||30899.00|
|Primary Collections||Coll12-EngMaster0518||English Master Collection (Accordance 12) (May 2018)||31599.00|
|Primary Collections||Coll12-EngMaster0818||English Master Collection (Accordance 12) (August 2018)||33399.00|
|Primary Collections||Coll12-EngMaster1118||English Master Collection (Accordance 12) (November 2018)||33999.00|
|Primary Collections||Coll12-EngMaster0319||English Master Collection (Accordance 12) (February 2019)||34399.00|
|Primary Collections||Coll12-EngMaster0519||English Master Collection (Accordance 12) (May 2019)||35549.00|
|Primary Collections||Coll13-EngMaster1119||English Master Collection (Accordance 13) (November 2019)||36999.00|
|Primary Collections||Coll13-EngMaster0420||English Master Collection (Accordance 13) (April 2020)||37499.00|
|Primary Collections||Coll13-EngMaster0720||English Master Collection (July 2020)||42568|
|Primary Collections||Coll12-EngMaster1016||English Master Collection (Accordance 12) (October 2016)||24999.00|
|Add-on Bundles||All-in-All 3Q16||All-in-All Accordance Program (3rd Quarter 2016)||23999.00|
There are no reviews yet.